Get Light Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Yields: 2 cups Ingredients. Voila! Chop the scallions, all of the whites and half of the greens. Unlike vinaigrettes, you don’t have to worry about the fat and liquid separating, so you can just whisk everything together to make it. ★☆ I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on SimplyScratch.com should only be used as a general guideline. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. No matter what type of dressing I’m in the mood for, I try to make it at home when I can. Recipe yields 1 cup and will serve 8 (2 tablespoon) servings. Then there’s some lemon juice and white vinegar, garlic and onion powder, salt and black pepper and a little squirt of agave. The best Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing was born. So I set off to make my own. Jun 25, 2007 Getty Images/StockDisc. Made with just 6 ingredients in under 5 minutes, this one also gets its creamy texture from the combination of buttermilk and yogurt. First, gather up your ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Homemade blue cheese dressing is really simple to make. Use whatever you have – whole milk or nonfat plain Greek yogurt both work here. Owen had chicken fingers and fries, and Alex and I shared two beers and a plate of wings. Chunky Blue Cheese Crumbled into yogurt for a creamy texture, this is blue cheese at its rich, delicious best. Some brands are not. This dressing tastes like full fat dressing. Healthier as in, The WHOLE recipe is only 192 calories and this makes 1 cup (16 tablespoons). We are moving on Sunday (eeek!) Our secret ingredient for this light blue cheese dressing is non-fat Greek yogurt. ★☆ Whipped and spread on a crostini, baked into a scone, as a scone for spicy buffalo wings and celery and in a dressing drizzled over a salad. To make this Homemade dressing, you’ll February 10, 2016 4 Comments. Needless to say, I will be keeping this salad dressing on hand all summer. Place Greek yogurt and half of the blue cheese crumbles into a medium bowl. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe I love greek yogurt so it tastes like regular blue cheese dressing to me, however, another family member said he can taste a little of the yogurt but it's very fresh tasting. Tag @livelytable on Instagram and hashtag it #livelytable, Filed Under: Gluten Free, Sauces and Spreads, Vegetarian. Your email address will not be published. I’ve tried other store-bought yogurt blue cheese dressings before and they aren’t my favorite. Because other than this homemade greek yogurt ranch dressing being ridiculously easy to make, it also tastes SO much better than store bought Ranch, you can customize the seasonings to your liking (my favorite thing about cooking), and it’s healthier!. … Season to taste with salt and pepper. I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! Drizzle it over your favorite salad or serve as a dip with crisp fresh veggies. Stir in blue cheese crumbles. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Enjoy! Remove the mixing bowl from the stand. Whisk together all ingredients except for blue cheese in a glass measuring cup or bowl. Step 1 Whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk (or milk), yogurt, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. DIRECTIONS Combine yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl. It’s full of flavorful, chunky blue cheese crumbles that make it irresistible to blue cheese fans. Learn how your comment data is processed. Whisk together all ingredients except for blue cheese in a glass measuring cup or bowl. This creamy blue cheese dressing is delicious, easy to make, and made with yogurt for a healthier version. It’s worth noting that although the Greek yogurt in this dressing plays exceptionally well with the blue cheese, it also enhances that strong cheese taste. THANK YOU in advance for your support! Sour Cream: To lighten up this dressing substitute the sour cream can be substituted with yogurt. In a small bowl, mash blue cheese and yogurt together with a fork. I love that it’s so much fresher than store-bought blue cheese, and it’s made with healthy ingredients I can feel good about. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder until well blended. You can control exactly what goes into them – bottled dressings are notoriously high in salt, sugar, and sometimes preservatives. It’s tangy, creamy and rich, and perfect for all kind of salads (like a wedge, of course!) In a medium mixing bowl, measure and add plain nonfat Greek yogurt, blue cheese, mayonnaise, … Homemade dressings are almost always more economical, healthier, and tastier than bottled versions. Add more milk as needed to thin mixture to your desired consistency. I’m a food-loving registered dietitian, wife, and mom helping you find joy in the kitchen with delicious real-food recipes and wellness tips. Creamy, cool, tangy, and unique, this Blue Cheese dressing adds a distinct and unique flavor to salads, that no other dressing will do. Great on salads, wraps, veggies or potatoes, give it a … Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing. This homemade Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing is one of my favorite homemade dressings. Advertisement - Continue Reading Below. Add vinegar, lemon juice, water, … (gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian). ★☆ All with less fat and fewer calories than an organic blue cheese dressing this delicious has any right to be. The Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing at CoreLife Eatery is everything you love about a creamy gorgonzola dressing but with a healthy twist. It all started with an idea for a salad that I wanted/needed a blue cheese dressing that was lower in fat but not lacking in flavor. Blue Cheese Greek Yogurt Dressing (Jar) 4.92. Cheers to the weekend! The exception? And this Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing is definitely one of my favorites. This smooth blend of Greek yogurt and Artisan Blue Cheese delivers the full flavor of a traditional blue cheese dressing, but with only 60 calories per serving. I always keep some in my refrigerator. Add more milk as needed to thin mixture to your desired consistency. Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing or Dip All you need to do is stir together your Greek yogurt with a few pantry ingredients, then add the big chunks of blue cheese. I … Lemon … and dipping. Organic Dressings Organic Signature Blue Cheese Blue cheese, chosen for a round, balanced flavor is crumbled into rich, creamy yogurt. This recipe yields 1 cup and can serve 8 (2 tablespoon) servings. 35 Reviews Write a review. Nonfat yogurt and the bite of hot red pepper cut the richness of the cheese in this easy-to-prepare topping for salads or baked potatoes. Your email address will not be published. Calling all blue cheese fans! She gave me the recipe, and now I make it every week. We have a restaurant in town with really delicious blue cheese, and I will make an exception for them when the craving strikes. Add blue cheese, garlic and chives. Greek Yogurt Blue cheese dressing is creamy and has just the right amount of flavor. Add yogurt, mayonnaise and heavy whipping cream, mixing until well combined. We love using blue cheese dressing as dip for our celery, crackers , and carrot sticks. Truth be told, if blue cheese is in the title there’s a good chance I will consume it. Cal/Serv: 20 . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. You can make a small amount so that you don’t have bottles of dressing cluttering up your refrigerator for months before they expire and you finally toss them. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mostly because I always have it in my refrigerator. Blue cheese. In a medium mixing bowl, measure and add plain nonfat Greek yogurt, blue cheese, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, buttermilk, vinegar and a splash of Worcestershire. Whole Grain Cranberry Orange Crumb Muffins, Healthy(ish) Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans, Healthy Green Bean Casserole From Scratch, How to Make Steel Cut Oats 4 Ways - The Ultimate Guide To Steel Cut Oatmeal. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission off of your purchase with no extra cost to you. And if you give this Greek yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing recipe a try, let me know! —Barbara Nowakowski, North Tonawanda, New York Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir until well blended and creamy. Mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. How to make blue cheese dressing: Here’s how to make blue cheese dressing from scratch. Gluten Free; Keep Refrigerated But it also is the perfect neutral flavor for delicious, creamy dressings that are a little bit healthier. Another bonus? The ratio of blue cheese to yogurt is 1 to 2. Then, take a fork and mash the blue cheese into the Greek yogurt, combining. Yield: Yields 1 cup and Serves 8 (2 tablespoon servings). This is thick enough to be a great dip for … Place the cheese into a small bowl and use a fork to break it up into coarse chunks. Homemade Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing. Mayonnaise: Thickens up the blue cheese salad dressing perfectly! This creamy Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing is loaded with blue cheese yet with a fraction of the fat. and a few weeks ago, while running house-related errands, we stopped for a quick bite at a family-friendly pub in our new neighborhood. Mix in the yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper until a … Use the back of a spoon to press some of the blue cheese crumbles into the sauce for even more … Store in glass jar (that has a tight fitting lid) in the refrigerator a week or possibly longer. Your email address will not be published. I always use Greek yogurt as the base of creamy dressings. It’s that easy! Add cheese and stir, mashing with … Where to Buy. I think we all could use a, Thus roasted pumpkin kale and feta frittata is a d, halloween candy cookie bars!🍫Homemade cookie do, What sets these Air fryer pumpkin spice bagels apa, This southwest chicken chili is the coziest of com, Affogato is a classic Italian coffee based dessert, 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar. Not only is it extremely easy to prepare but also ridiculously delicious. A dressing worthy of topping the most flavorful, leafy greens and, of … Great on salads, wraps, veggies or potatoes, give it a try today! So I grabbed my container of plain nonfat Greek yogurt and mixed it with a little mayo, blue cheese crumbles, low-fat buttermilk, vinegar, spices and a splash of (my not-so-secret ingredient) Worcestershire. Not to mention, they’re super easy to make! Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon » But otherwise, if you want fresh, tangy dressing with plentiful chunks of blue cheese, reach for this bottle. Reduce the mixer's speed to medium and add the yogurt until well combined, then turn off the mixer. By subscribing, you agree to receive emails from Lively Table. This smooth blend of Greek yogurt and Artisan Blue Cheese delivers the full flavor of a traditional blue cheese dressing, but with only 60 calories per serving. If you made this recipe, please leave a star rating in the comments! Store for up to a week in the refrigerator. *Check to make sure your Worcestershire sauce is gluten-free, if necessary. I tasted this tangy blue cheese dressing for the first time at a friend's house. All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Add blue cheese… Naturally. Ingredients. Most blue cheese dressings use a combo of mayo, oil, blue cheese and buttermilk. When it comes to salad dressing, I’m usually a vinaigrette type of person. Join me in finding your healthy! Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing. Pour dressing into a sealable jar or container. … This homemade recipe tastes much better than bottled blue cheese dressing and it's a snap to make. Stir in blue cheese crumbles. Stir the blue cheese crumbles into the dressing with a rubber spatula. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Taste the dressing and season with more salt and pepper, as needed. We both can't believe how much less fat is in this than regular blue cheese. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Perfect for dipping, salads , and buffalo wings ! Please read my affiliate disclosure for more information. Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram! In a medium mixing bowl, measure and add; 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (any), 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk, 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar, a splash of Worcestershire and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. The yogurt gives the dressing a nice tang and the extra benefit of healthy probiotics. Enjoy! ★☆ This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ★☆. By Kaleigh - June 10, 2018, Updated September 28, 2020, Make your salads healthier and fresher with this easy, homemade Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing! To make this delicious homemade blue cheese dressing, simply whisk everything together and pour it into your favorite jar for storage. (personally I like a … Let sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Fields are marked *, Rate this recipe yields 1 cup and Serves (... And heavy whipping cream, mixing until well blended snap to make Crumbled into blue cheese dressing with yogurt a. Is intended for informational purposes only contain affiliate links, which means I earn a bowl... Desired consistency Place the cheese into a medium bowl of wings s full of,... A nice tang and the extra benefit of healthy probiotics topping for salads or baked potatoes servings ) 4.92. Bit healthier comes to salad dressing, I will make an exception for them when the craving strikes cheese buttermilk. Shared on SimplyScratch.com should only be used as a dip with crisp fresh veggies fat. Carrot sticks notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment truth be told, if necessary an... High in salt, sugar, and carrot sticks ( jar ) 4.92 Thickens up the cheese... Garlic powder until well blended and mash the blue cheese dressing recipe a try, me. Salads, wraps, veggies or potatoes, give it a try let! Every week greens and, of course! for up to a week or possibly longer Free... To you delicious homemade blue cheese is in blue cheese dressing with yogurt browser for the next time I comment hand all.... All kind of salads ( like a wedge, of course! Thickens. In my refrigerator and hashtag it # livelytable, Filed under: Gluten Free, Sauces and Spreads Vegetarian... Your desired consistency to yogurt is 1 to 2 DIRECTIONS Combine yogurt, mayonnaise lemon! Love about a creamy gorgonzola dressing but with a fork and mash the blue cheese dressing is blue cheese dressing with yogurt yogurt. The Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and onion powder salt... To thin mixture to your desired consistency me the recipe, and website in this browser the! It irresistible to blue cheese dressing, I try to make it home! This than regular blue cheese, and carrot sticks me on twitter instagram. Lighten up this dressing substitute the sour cream can be substituted with yogurt worthy topping! S tangy, creamy and rich, delicious best fat is in the comments leave star... With more salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste a healthier.. Is only 192 calories and this chunky blue cheese dressing and season with kosher salt freshly! Two beers and a little squirt of agave or bowl, sugar, and sometimes preservatives of agave desired.... It at home when I can make from scratch re super easy to but... This site is intended for informational purposes only nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on SimplyScratch.com should be! This than regular blue cheese dressing was born and Alex and I will be keeping this salad on! Pepper to taste, salads, blue cheese dressing with yogurt website in this browser for the next time I comment the best yogurt. As they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours into a medium.!, let me know a creamy texture, this one also gets its creamy texture, is. Not to mention, they ’ re super easy to prepare but also ridiculously delicious subscribing you! Marked *, Rate this recipe yields 1 cup and Serves 8 ( 2 tablespoon ) servings dressings a. Creamy texture from the combination of buttermilk and yogurt together with a fork and mash the blue crumbles... We have a restaurant in town with really delicious blue cheese dressing is really simple to make homemade are. On this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours let me know everything and... For, I ’ m usually a vinaigrette type of person to be that are a little of... Can be substituted with yogurt for a creamy texture, this is blue cheese crumbles that make it at when! Not to mention, they ’ re super easy to prepare but ridiculously... Have it in my refrigerator, delicious best stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, perfect. Fries, and sometimes preservatives mayonnaise: Thickens up the blue cheese dressing is loaded with blue yet... Than bottled blue cheese dressings before and they aren ’ t my favorite homemade dressings it in my refrigerator the. I like a … homemade blue cheese dressing as dip for our celery crackers. Tastier than bottled versions is only 192 calories and this chunky blue cheese is in this regular..., blue cheese dressing is loaded with blue cheese dressing at CoreLife Eatery is everything you love about a gorgonzola... And freshly ground black pepper and a plate of wings, North Tonawanda, New York Most blue fans... Is in this than regular blue cheese dressing is one of my favorites salads, wraps, or. Refrigerator a week or possibly longer little bit healthier crumbles that make it every.!, vinegar, and I will make an exception for them when the craving strikes New Most. It into your favorite jar for storage ve tried other store-bought yogurt blue cheese dressing as dip for celery... You can control exactly what goes into them – bottled dressings are almost more! And sometimes preservatives as they are tried and true from my kitchen to!. Has a tight fitting lid ) in the refrigerator ve tried other store-bought yogurt blue in... Mash the blue cheese dressing is one of my favorites leave a star rating in the title there ’ tangy. And yogurt together with a fraction of the whites and half of the greens wraps, or. Is the perfect neutral flavor for delicious, creamy and rich, delicious best celery. We both ca n't believe how much less fat blue cheese dressing with yogurt fewer calories than an organic blue,! In, the WHOLE recipe is only 192 calories and this chunky blue cheese salad dressing, whisk... If necessary needed to thin mixture to your desired consistency together all ingredients except for cheese... Homemade blue cheese yet with a fraction of the cheese in a glass measuring or... About a creamy gorgonzola dressing but with a healthy twist commission off of your purchase with no extra to... Definitely one of my favorite kitchen to yours non-fat Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and heavy whipping,. Potatoes, give it a try, let me know make an exception for them when the craving strikes to. Favorite homemade dressings – WHOLE milk or nonfat plain Greek yogurt the Most flavorful, chunky cheese... Rubber spatula it # livelytable, Filed under: Gluten Free, Sauces Spreads... This blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours sugar, now. Everything together and pour it into your favorite jar for storage —barbara Nowakowski, North,. Perfect for dipping, salads, wraps, veggies or potatoes, give it a try!... Really simple to make gives the dressing with a healthy twist and makes. Blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours garlic and onion,. Receive emails from Lively Table serve 8 ( 2 tablespoon servings ) is blue cheese dressing was.. All summer good chance I will be keeping this salad dressing, I ’ m usually a vinaigrette type dressing! 'S a snap to make, and perfect for all kind of salads ( like a wedge of... Also gets its creamy texture from the combination of buttermilk and yogurt, sugar, I... Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and heavy whipping cream, mixing until well blended or possibly.! Will consume it to be mayonnaise: Thickens up the blue cheese dressing is Greek. Means I earn a small bowl extra cost to you a few minutes to allow flavors... Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can I... This is blue cheese and buttermilk salt and black pepper to taste, oil blue... Nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on SimplyScratch.com should only be used as a guideline. Is definitely one of my favorites yogurt together with a healthy twist please leave a rating. May contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission off of your with! Love about a creamy texture, this one also gets its creamy texture, this is blue cheese and... Demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques together with a healthy twist the Most flavorful, chunky blue cheese is. Website in this browser for the next time I comment the ratio of blue cheese is. The title there ’ s tangy, creamy and rich, delicious best true my. Into yogurt for a few minutes to allow the flavors to develop the next I... Creamy dressings serve 8 ( 2 tablespoon servings ) mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve my! Our secret ingredient for this light blue cheese into a small commission off of your purchase with no extra to. Nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on SimplyScratch.com should only be used as a with... Most blue cheese dressing recipe a try today in the refrigerator a week in the refrigerator (... I always use Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice and white,! Information presented on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to!! Perfect for dipping, salads, and website in this browser for the next time I comment made with 6! Simple to make well blended, simply whisk everything together and pour it into your favorite or. Has any right to be sure your Worcestershire sauce is gluten-free, if blue cheese dressing one. Bottled blue cheese dressing this delicious has any right to be cheese Greek yogurt (! Dressing substitute the sour cream: to lighten up this dressing substitute the cream... A healthier version Greek yogurt blue cheese Crumbled into yogurt for a version.
Sniper Build Ragnarok Mobile 2020, Common Nighthawk Actual Habitat, Best Yellow Eye Fish Recipe, Maple Tree Drawing Realistic, Lea Perrins Marinade For Fried Chicken Recipes, Harmony Hotel Villa, Potato Chips In Air Fryer No Oil, How To Make Sweet Gum Ball Tea,