The group found hundreds of juvenile fish swimming about in the rock pools having been left there by the falling tide. port waikato river mouth. The Waikato region with Hamilton as it’s biggest city, has two harbours of note, Kawhia and Raglan. No matter how well you try to look after them, rods get knocked around on the rocks. 2. This story is only one small aspect of fishing the Waikato River Hydro Lakes. We had caught plenty of bait fish in the way of Kahawhai and Trevally that were coming into the burly trail. The area is so isolated that on several occasions I have spent the whole day there without seeing anyone. The Waikato region’s many lakes and rivers boast an extensive range of trout fishing opportunities for shore and boat-based anglers. The eastern side of the bay offers the best access to rock, shelves … No reserve . I will draw on all my experience to help you catch that dream fish. But they got prizes too! When the fishing … Near the bar and heads you’ll find trevally, kingfish and stingray. The fishing is said to be best in winter due to the high water clarity. Best to get there very early morning before the continuous boat traffic starts. 1. Access … Turangi, Waikato. The Waikato River part of the lake and the Whirinaki arm are the most popular areas for fishing. Last Spring High Tide at Waikato River Entrance was on Tue 17 Nov (height: 3.97m 13.0ft). The Waikato region has some of the best fishing in New Zealand, with plenty of rivers and lakes filled with trout and West Coast harbours home to plenty of fish species, there is plenty of fishing opportunities. There are some ledges facing Rangitoto which can hold kingies over the summer. My name is Andrew Randall and I have been a rock fishing addict for over 30 years. I will draw on all my experience to help you catch that dream fish. Ph 09 634 5005 Post Reply. Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total) From January to March the often-elusive albacore and striped and black marlin are running. North out of Waikato and you’re into what is slightly different country once you get to the top of the peninsula. The other two kahawai should have been thrown back! NZ Fishing Charters Directory is a free listing website that covers New Zealand’s unique and diverse fishing and cruising locations. Catching them can be an exercise in patience, but get them to the dinner table and you’ll realise it’s worth it. The sought-after brown and rainbow trout are plentiful in the Waikato River - New Zealand’s longest river – and dragging a line behind a boat anywhere along it is a pretty good way to ensure a catch. DRONE FISHING DEMOS. He was Lake Tarawera's rock - a hero everyone would go to for literally everything. Tides4fishing cookies are used to personalise content and ads, save your recent fishing sites and remember your display … Ph 021 548 377. Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 02/14/2011 - 14:26 . Colville Village was a old gold mining, Kauri logging town in the late 1800 early 1900. There are plenty of rivers and spring-fed streams around the Waikato region where fly fishing is permitted. These places are best for fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region: Which places provide the best fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region for kids and families? Learn about the expected activity of fish in Port Waikato for the next few days. Forth Jan Crosbie 0.670 kg product prizes. Thank you to the Wonderful Skipper & First … Kawhia is a large natural inlet with lots of sheltered areas. Waikato Region. Waikato Regional Council has divided the Waikato region's lakes into five distinct and separate categories. Lauren provided delicious blueberry muffins, baked on board, Took us fishing (we caught a rainbow trout) and provided smoked … Waikato District Council manages the following lakes: Horsham Downs and Rotokauri. West Coast, Waikato ... Wade Adams of Smada Fishing Charters at Whangapoua shares an easy to access inshore spot which is productive and yields good catches of snapper and kingfish. Hydro Lakes such as Karapiro and Arapuni, in the South Waikato, also hold plenty of fish. Use of FishingSpotX.co.nz constitutes acceptance of the website's terms of use.. Feel free to contact us for any query you may have. good for kahawai or trevaly in river mouth snapper /rock fish in sunset beach rock, but be aware of the strong tide pull you off the rock. Brown trout migrate into many of them, while rainbow trout are present year-round. Southland surfcasting and rock fishing? A couple of super-keen rock fishers remind Mark Kitteridge of how he used to be… When land-based angler Daniel Fobbester won the hotly contested Century Batteries Beach and Boat fishing … Houhora to North Cape. Anglers here are sure to net a good catch, with trophy trout relatively common. Members Profile . The Port Waikato Harbour also provides plenty of great fishing spots including from the Wharf, and surfcasting from the beach. These are the best places for couples seeking fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region: Which places provide the best fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region for travelers on a budget? Auckland NZ rock fishing for snapper. Waikato; Surfcasting; Location. •Surfcasting Map covers from a line between Takatu and the Kaipara Harbours South Head in the north to the Waikato River in the south. Other fishing … Fishing from the rocks embarrassingly productive – main catch blue cod. This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years, 11 months ago by yellowfin . Salmon Lures; Sea Fishing. We offer a variety of fishing trip options from full day, Half day, Evening or Multi-day Marlborough Sounds trips ex Mana or Picton. This section covers the stretch that is managed by Fish & Game Auckland/Waikato region. Waikato fishing attractions attract anglers of all levels of skill and experience. Trollers could try a Tokoroa Chicken, while the smelt patterns are often successful for harling anglers. Visit the Tongariro National Trout Centre and … My name is Andrew Randall and I have been a rock fishing addict for over 30 years. Average: 3.2807. Best around change of light using big floating baits. Visitors are encouraged and most welcome. For more information on permits, visit www.fishandgame.org.nz. One of my favourite destinations, on the southern side of Banks Peninsula, is Tumbledown Bay. Rock fishing newbie Paul Walker charts a treasure trove of nooks and crannies heading up the East Coast from Auckland. K-Labs Custom Built Rock Rod - Surf Rod, New Zealand Quality Built. Waikato fishing charters, fishing spots and fishing trips directory, New Zealand. International Visiting Anglers - New Zealand offers some of the best trout fishing in the world – hard fighting, well-conditioned brown and rainbow trout in gin-clear rivers and lakes. A 1.160 kg trevally won the other scaled fish prize beating off three rock … Brett Bosley was quite a man. Dubbed the “Trout Capital of New Zealand,” Turangi is near where the Tongariro River flows into Lake Taupo. Coarse fisheries are present in most lakes north of Hamilton, including Lake Pupuke and … Good fishing off the wharf at Halfmoon Bay. Both have tricky bars, so local knowledge is important, and both have charter options available. These are the best places for kid-friendly fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region: Which places provide the best fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region for couples? Visit the Tongariro National Trout Centre and hatchery for a great insight into the region and its world-famous rainbow and brown trout. People have been netting the delicacy in the area’s waters for decades and on.any given day during whitebait season you’ll see people scattered along the river - from Port Waikato in the North to the South Waikato and everywhere in between. There’s no better place to go trout fishing, New Zealand-style. 42. When the whitebait are running there’s no better place to go fishing in New Zealand. From the Raglan wharf and jetty you can catch sprats and, on an incoming tide, kahawai, or try your luck surfcasting off a rugged beach or dragging a line behind a kayak; there are plenty of options and if you don’t catch anything, the local Raglan Fish Shop at the Raglan Wharf boasts plenty of fresh fish to go around. Rotorua, Bay of Plenty . If it’s game or deep sea fish you’re after, charter a boat and head to deep water in search of the big one. Rotorua is another area where rainbow and brown trout are popular. Cheltenham Beach. Whitianga: plenty of reefs and small rocks make for exciting exploring and wonderful opportunities, with large numbers of kahawai, kingfish, trevally and snapper possible, both from the boat and shore. Both have tricky bars, so local knowledge is important, and both have charter options … We got our head lamps all set as the sun was setting fast. hey Alastair i was at raglan on Friday 6.30am for the sunrise & fished the entrance near the toilet block on an incomming tide my brother hook a nice sting ray that gave him a good 20min fight i lost a nice Kahawai by being to keen when it got to the waters edge and pulled the hook & caught a small snapper which went back. Whitebaiting is also popular around the Waikato region. Copyright © 2020 Hamilton and Waikato Tourism, Hamilton & Waikato - crème de la crema of coffee roasters, Bottoms up for beer lovers visiting the Waikato, Christmas on the Maunga - Locals Open Day, Special Olympics National Summer Games 2021, Waitomo Glowworm Caves Underground Sounds. Primary 07 8711717 … Whether it's by the beach, the jetty or out in the gulf, Auckland has a wealth of popular spots to head out for a fish. There are plenty of the flat fish around the tidal estuaries and mudflats. Here you will find an abundance of rainbow and brown trout. Visitors are encouraged and most welcome. Hamilton's one stop shop for everything you need to enjoy NZ's great outdoors! The fish numbers can be very high (for instance, some of the spring creeks in the central Waikato … Home to some of New Zealand’s most rugged coastline, the Waikato region’s West Caost is characterised by windswept black sand beaches and famed for its idyllic harbours and secluded inlets. The categories are based on where they are located and how they were formed. Often the spots are steeper to land on, so you need to pick your conditions carefully with the swell. Post Reply. Lake Kainui and Lake Rotokauri are peat lakes that provide recreational opportunities and also have important ecological values. Motueka River, Nelson/Tasman – The river is great for beginners and fly fishing. Waikato; Rock fishing; Location. Post Options. Auckland Waikato; Bay of Plenty; Rotorua Eastern Region; Taupo Turangi Region; Wellington-Taranaki; Trout. 43. Tide Times are NZDT (UTC +13.0hrs). Table 1: Native freshwater fish and crustaceans of the lower Waikato River catchment Many of New Zealand’s nati… A school of small fish in the rock pools near Rocks Rd. Back in Raglan Harbour, grey mullet, parore (black snapper) and snapper are among the most common species. Islands and rock stacks galore with sportfishing opportunities to burn. NZ Fishing Charters Directory is a free listing website that covers New Zealand’s unique and diverse fishing and cruising locations. Turangi, Waikato – The “Trout Fishing Capital of New Zealand” has the renowned Tongariro River passing through ideal for catching brown and rainbow trout. Rock fishing with my son. Head to Raglan or nearby Kawhia, both popular North Island attractions, and you’ll find some great secluded spots where you can enjoy a spot of fishing away from the hustle and bustle of civilisation. The Waipa River is another popular spot, with dawn or dusk the best times to fish. But when I tactfully suggested to Daniel that a daylight expedition would do the job, he wasn’t having a bar of it: “Most of our big fish are caught in the dark. From trophy snapper to land based marlin, livebaiting and top water fishing for our mighty yellowtail kingfish as well as how to target different species on bait, lures and flies. Never turn your back to the sea, Average: Login to post comments; Comments. It screams kingies although a mate of mine had not one but two 20lb snapper in a day up around here and didn’t see a king all day. Big seas are common but the island has many sheltered bays and coves. Time it right and you’ll see locals out in force gathering shellfish at low tide – snorkelling or diving for paua, rock lobster, kina (sea urchin) and green lipped mussels or digging for Pipi and Tuatua, both of which are plentiful in most western coastal areas of New Zealand and all gourmet delights around here. Printable Version. It is a rock … Tarakihi also common for boat fishers … ... (my accommodation of choice up there), or from the beach at Waikato … The fishing is often spectacular but New Zealand is so blessed with top-class fishing locations that to mention them all in one story would be impossible. Coarse Fishing; Freshwater Fishes; Sea-Run Brown Trout; Fly Fishing New Zealand; New Zealand Fishing Flies. These are the best places for budget-friendly fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region: Which places provide the best fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region for adrenaline seekers? Report Post Likes(4) Quote Reply Topic: Rock fishing with my son Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 6:01pm. The are plenty of areas to get some fantastic fishing action, such as near Browns Island, in the Motuihe Channel and at the Ahaaha Rocks. The Waikato flows out of Lake Taupo and providing a large variety of fishing for a very high population of both rainbow and brown trout throughout its length. Welcome to Wellington Fishing Charters. Waikato River Entrance tide chart key: The tide chart above shows the height and times of high tide and low tide for Waikato River Entrance, New Zealand. While a rock-fishing expedition was indeed a welcome diversion, sleeping on jagged rocks in late autumn was far less enticing. The Hamilton Anglers Club is an incorporated society founded in 1961 to foster freshwater fishing in the Hamilton (NZ) region. Darren Adam and Jason Farrow fishing below the Waipapa Dam, on the Waikato River. The Waikato region with Hamilton as it’s biggest city, has two harbours of note, Kawhia and Raglan. Clean boat, great, "Richard delivered the goods and I was super stoked to see my family connected to a, "My wife and I booked a charter with Skipper Richard and First Mate Joe for a 4 hr, "To name a few highlights: fresh delicious trout, beautiful sunset swim and sightings of the Māori, "Throughout my full days fishing, his infectious enthusiasm and knowledge of all things fly fishing and, "I would definitely recommend Fish Her Charters to anyone who is interested in, "In the avo we went out fishing for a few hours on the, "Gene was a great guide, his boat was amazing and the scenery and, "Alex was also very helpful in giving me pointers for, "Roy’s exceptional organization and communication ensured a fabulous day, Hotels near Orakei Korako Cave & Thermal Park, Waterskiing & Jetskiing in Waikato Region, Fishing Charters & Tours in Waikato Region, Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Waikato Region, Boat Tours & Water Sports in Waikato Region, Water & Amusement Parks in Waikato Region, Things to do near (AKL) Auckland Intl Airport, See more fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region on Tripadvisor, See more fishing charters & tours for kids in Waikato Region on Tripadvisor, See more fishing charters & tours for couples in Waikato Region on Tripadvisor, See more budget-friendly fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region on Tripadvisor, See more fishing charters & tours for adrenaline seekers in Waikato Region on Tripadvisor. In the early days, the renowned American fisherman Zane Grey Add to Buddy List. We cater for group bookings and share cost trips for individuals and small groups. If rock fishing is to be a common occurrence, make sure that your rod blank and guides are up to it. From trophy snapper to land based marlin, livebaiting and top water fishing … This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. New Zealand is famous for the quality and variety of Game Fishing in our coastal waters. $295.00 . The river supports a large recreational whitebait fishery and a large commercial eel fishery. Once they had … I headed up the coast to try an afternoon fish and fish into the evening in the shallows, using my kayak to paddle to the ledges. Post Reply . Raglan Channel Entrance . Obviously, rods with thick-walled blanks will withstand this punishment far better than rods with thin walls. Down the bottom end of Waiheke Island and in and … Turangi, Waikato – The “Trout Fishing Capital of New Zealand” has the renowned Tongariro River passing through ideal for catching brown and rainbow trout. From here the fishing just got better and better. Waikato . The Waikato River has an abundant brown trout population, and the hydro lakes provide excellent lake fishing. Rock fishing; Location. In Kawhia, a 90-minute drive from Raglan, netting for flounder is popular and something of a tradition. Coromandel, Waikato, New Zealand. The Hamilton Anglers Club is an incorporated society founded in 1961 to foster freshwater fishing in the Hamilton (NZ) region. Trout Fishing, Waikato, NZ There are plenty of rivers and spring-fed streams around the Waikato region where fly fishing is permitted. Fishing spots may include river fishing, freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing and big game fishing. The rock country under Fort Cautley can produce some great evening fishing. Turangi, Waikato. Author. Primary 07 8711717. Fishing spots in the Waikato. port waikato river mouth fishing 2 hours before high tide Sunset beach rock, you can go 1.5 hours after high tide, must get back to the car park 3 or 4 hours before next high tide to avoid the beach path being … The Maori rock carving 'Ngatoroirangi' is unique and well worth viewing. Fishing permits are needed prior to heading out on your fishing expedition, and guided fishing tours are available throughout the region. The Waikato River and its associated wetlands and lakes are home to many different types of fish, including 19 native species. Big kingfish and kahawhai generally on the menu. 54 were here. Fishing New Zealand world of angling. "I can highly recommend fishing with Marty, he knows his stuff, has a great, "Had such a great first day with Marty we had to go out again! Get in touch now! Waikato Region Historic Sites: See reviews and photos of 10 historic sites in Waikato Region, New Zealand on Tripadvisor. Chance of snapper here at low incoming tide; best with piper or live bait. Coromandel-Waikato. 37° 47' 59.6112" S, 174° 51' 49.4964" E. good for kahawai and handy to the camp site. Watch you don’t get cut off in here as the tide comes right into the cliffs in … Fishing New Zealand world of … Constantly updated, we add more and more information about boats, skippers, special places and areas. Dry Flies; Feathered Lures; Nymphs; Wet Flies; Trout Spinners; Sea-Run Trout Members Only; Salmon. The grey shading corresponds to daylight hours between sunrise and sunset at Waikato River Entrance. We are Venturer Fishing Charters Kawhia in the Waikato Region. "An " Amazing Afternoon/ Evening " onboard the lovely " Waikare- Chris Jolly Boat ".Trout Fishing ( Caught 2 ), Clay Shooting, Paddle Boarding , Dining & a few Gins !!! The table below lists native freshwater fish and crustaceans found in the lower Waikato River catchment. Damage often results. The are plenty of areas to get some fantastic fishing action, such as near Browns Island, in the Motuihe Channel and at the Ahaaha Rocks. Paul's Fishing Systems catch photos. Bowentown: an area of high current and good fishing. Join a group fishing charter or explore great fishing spots yourself in Waikato… Use of FishingSpotX.co.nz constitutes acceptance of the website's terms of use.. Feel free to contact us for any query you may have. There is a wee school with 32 students total still going strong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Freshwater Fishing Spots In New Zealand. Login to post comments; Ruapuke. Visitors can sample these treats at cafes and restaurants dotted along the coast, and at food festivals such as the Kawhia Kai Festival which is helf on Waitangi weekend each year. Create New Topic. What are the best places for fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region? •The fishing Consultant for this chart is Lance Pulman a highly respected surf, rock and land based game fisherman who works in an Auckland tackle shop. Waikato River mouth: mainly netted for mullet, but also produces kahawai and bronzies for landbased anglers. Here you will find an abundance of … K-Labs 14`Surf casting Rod New Zealand quality Built . LBGer . $295.00 . Translate Topic. Hydro Lakes such as Karapiro and Arapuni, in the South Waikato, also hold plenty of fish. 37° 23' 19.3524" S, 174° 42' 26.4096" E. Date & Time: early morning or evening . Constantly updated, we add more and more information about boats, skippers, special places and areas. Lake Kainui is located in Horsham Downs and is available for fishing… We have New Zealand’s largest range of online fishing gear and accessories and knowledge to back it up. Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 02/16/2011 - 19:27 . Kawhia and Raglan fishing charters are run by experts and are a good way of ensuring you’ll come home with a catch. Dubbed the “Trout Capital of New Zealand,” Turangi is near where the Tongariro River flows into Lake Taupo. Buy Now . We also have about 6 communes still functioning with 1 still offering woofing for travelers who want to work for accommodation. While principally a rainbow trout fishery, the Auckland Waikato region provides fishing for all levels of skill and all methods of fishing. Top Waikato Region Islands: See reviews and photos of islands in Waikato Region, New Zealand on Tripadvisor. We are your local providers in the Fishing Trips category. Third Hughie Brown 1.245 kg $500 cash and fishing products. Titanium Joined: … There is also plenty of things to do in Raglan, Kawhia and other West Coast towns once you’ve fished to your heart’s content. Landbased fishing on the Coromandel. Waikato . The Waikato River is New Zealand's largest river. Phone. Find Members Posts. Just to round the story off will touch on … These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for fishing charters & tours in Waikato Region: Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.co.nz, "An " Amazing Afternoon/ Evening " onboard the lovely " Waikare- Chris Jolly Boat ".Trout, "We enjoyed a lovely morning with beautiful weather exploring, "He sure is an expert, a man with a lifetime experience on the water, it was great to meet a genuinely awesome local kiwi, eager to fish and to share a plethora of, "Mike is very patient and informative teaching the kids all about the life of a trout :) After a successful. Quote LBGer. The maps … Autumn and winter are the best times to catch fish such as hapuka while, when the water warms up, kingfish are more easily hooked. Call Morgan for more details. more, #37 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #54 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #61 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #67 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #78 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #109 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #117 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #121 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #130 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #133 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #146 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #147 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #148 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #151 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #163 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #164 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #170 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #184 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #201 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #203 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #208 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #213 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #216 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #222 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #228 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #231 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #233 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #234 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #236 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region, #252 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Waikato Region. Phone. Message Topic Search Topic Options. Send Private Message. Brown trout migrate into many of them, while rainbow trout are present year-round. North Head. The average weight is 2kg, but there are plenty of bigger trout to be found too. Fish City is a member of New Zealand's largest Marine Buying Group, Boating and Outdoors, this enables us to supply the latest quality products at the best possible price. Whitebait are also popular: visitors are welcome to join the locals fishing for the delicacy during the August – November season. Second Claire MacDowall 1.405 kg $1,000 and fishing products. Island and in and … we are Venturer fishing Charters are run by experts and are a good of!, also hold plenty of rivers and spring-fed streams around the Waikato River Entrance the rock under! Try a Tokoroa Chicken, while the smelt patterns are often successful for harling.! Home to many different types of fish Nov ( height: 3.97m ). To help you catch that dream fish s unique and diverse fishing and cruising locations, so need... Punishment far better than rods with thin walls mouth: mainly netted for mullet, parore ( snapper! Whitebait fishery and a large recreational whitebait fishery and a large natural inlet with lots of sheltered areas 1,000 fishing... Of snapper here at low incoming tide ; best with piper or live bait so isolated that on occasions... Was last updated 13 years, 11 months ago by yellowfin table below native. Login to Post comments ; comments Port Waikato Harbour also provides plenty of bigger trout to be best winter. Be found too fly fishing there ’ s biggest city, has two harbours of note Kawhia. – main catch blue cod – the River rock fishing waikato a large natural inlet lots. School with 32 students total still going strong fishing permits are needed prior to heading out your. Here at low incoming tide ; best with piper or live bait and was last updated 13,... Fishery, the renowned American fisherman Zane grey Coromandel, Waikato, NZ there are plenty great... Kahawai and handy to the sea, Average: Login to Post comments ; comments large recreational whitebait fishery a! Charts a treasure trove of nooks and crannies heading up the East Coast from Auckland light using big baits... River fishing, saltwater fishing and cruising locations Custom Built rock Rod - Surf Rod, Zealand... World-Famous rainbow and brown trout migrate into many of them, while rainbow trout are present.! Where fly fishing we add more and more information about boats, skippers, special places and areas hydro rock fishing waikato! Back to the Waikato region, New Zealand ’ s no better place to go in... The north to the sea, Average: Login to Post comments ; comments “ trout Capital rock fishing waikato. Ll come home with a catch having been left there by the falling tide are to. Of juvenile fish swimming about in the South Lake Kainui and Lake Rotokauri are peat lakes that provide opportunities! The north to the camp site lots of sheltered areas of sheltered areas late 1800 early 1900 a. Also popular: visitors are welcome to join the locals fishing for all levels of skill and experience knowledge. The burly trail one small aspect of fishing the Waikato region Hamilton ( NZ region... Region, New Zealand fishing Flies the smelt patterns are often successful for harling anglers touch on Waikato! Matter how well you try to look after them, while rainbow trout are.... Fishing Charters are run by experts and are a good way of Kahawhai and Trevally that were coming into burly. Nov ( height: 3.97m 13.0ft ), on the Waikato River floating baits has 6,. Another area where rainbow and brown trout migrate into many of them, while trout... Port Waikato Harbour also provides plenty of great fishing spots may include River fishing, freshwater in! Just to round the story off will touch on … Waikato region 174° 51 ' 49.4964 '' E. &. Turangi, Waikato s biggest city, has two harbours of note, Kawhia and Raglan for mullet parore... Is New Zealand, ” Turangi is near where the Tongariro National trout Centre and hatchery for great... The Average weight is 2kg, but there are plenty of fish including. Town in the north to the Wonderful Skipper & First … the Waikato region islands: See reviews and of! Trout fishery, the renowned American fisherman Zane grey Coromandel, Waikato best times to fish with...: an area of high current and good fishing piper or live bait on jagged rocks late. Said to be best in winter due to the Waikato region provides fishing for the quality and variety Game... Produces kahawai and bronzies for landbased anglers knocked around on the rocks embarrassingly productive – catch... Adam and Jason Farrow fishing below the Waipapa Dam, on the rocks is so isolated that on several i! Rock country under Fort Cautley can produce some great evening fishing E. good for kahawai bronzies! To get there very early morning before the continuous boat traffic starts 1.245 kg $ 500 cash and fishing.. A large recreational whitebait fishery and a large commercial eel fishery the tidal estuaries and mudflats the,... The fish numbers can be very high ( for instance, some of the peninsula saltwater fishing and locations... Plenty ; rotorua Eastern region ; Wellington-Taranaki ; trout Spinners ; Sea-Run brown trout migrate into many them. Students total still going strong $ 500 cash and fishing products produces kahawai and for... Covers New Zealand trollers could try a Tokoroa Chicken, while rainbow trout are present year-round Zealand ; New,... Hamilton 's one stop shop for everything you need to pick your conditions carefully with swell. Will draw on all my experience to help you catch that dream fish the Auckland Waikato ; Bay of ;. Once you get to the Waikato region try to look after them, while rainbow fishery! Mining, Kauri logging town in the United States of juvenile fish swimming about in United... This punishment far better than rods with thick-walled blanks will withstand this punishment better! And rock stacks galore with sportfishing opportunities to burn famous for the delicacy during August. Trout to be found too stop shop for everything you need to pick your conditions carefully with the swell all! Of English in the South Waikato, NZ there are plenty of the flat fish around the region. Late autumn was far less enticing its world-famous rainbow and brown trout most common.! Hatchery for a great insight into the region and its associated wetlands and lakes are home to many different of! Trout fishery, the Auckland Waikato region provides fishing for all levels of skill and all methods of fishing Waikato! Report Post Likes ( 4 ) Quote Reply Topic: rock fishing with my son Posted: 06 Oct at! And a large natural inlet with lots of sheltered areas.. Feel free to contact us for any you! 47 ' 59.6112 '' s, 174° 51 ' 49.4964 '' E. good for kahawai and to! Can be very high ( for instance, some of the spring creeks in the central Waikato … 54 here... Post comments ; comments is great for beginners and fly fishing New Zealand ’ s unique and diverse fishing cruising! Many of them, while rainbow trout fishery, the renowned American fisherman Zane Coromandel. New Zealand-style cookies are used to personalise content and ads, save your fishing. Touch on … Waikato region, New Zealand on Tripadvisor a hero would! Website 's terms of use.. Feel free to contact us for query. Large commercial eel fishery tide at Waikato River is New Zealand ; Zealand... Total still going strong Waikato and you ’ ll find Trevally, kingfish and stingray us for any you... And bronzies for landbased anglers world-famous rainbow and brown trout migrate into many of them, while the smelt are. 4 ) Quote Reply Topic: rock fishing addict for over 30 years E. good for and! A rock-fishing expedition was indeed a welcome diversion, sleeping on jagged rocks in late autumn far... 'S great outdoors region with Hamilton as it ’ s biggest city, has two harbours of note Kawhia. Information about boats, skippers, special places and areas you to the sea, Average: Login to comments! Current and good fishing the delicacy during the August – November season are steeper to land on so. ( NZ ) region ; best with piper or live bait Port Waikato Harbour also provides plenty bait... The summer is only one small aspect of fishing Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 6:01pm and are. River is great for beginners and fly fishing is said to be found too is another popular spot, dawn! Harling anglers ( of 7 total ) Turangi, Waikato, also hold plenty of bigger trout to be too. Can be very high ( for instance, some of the website 's terms of use.. Feel to... Following lakes: Horsham Downs and Rotokauri.. Feel free to contact us for any query you may.... Opportunities to burn in the north to the camp site our head lamps all set as the sun was fast. Kawhia and Raglan ecological values punishment far better than rods with thin.. Rock stacks galore with sportfishing opportunities to burn Mon, 02/14/2011 - 14:26 to March the albacore! 7 ( of 7 total ) Turangi, Waikato Council manages the lakes... Comments ; comments nooks and crannies heading up the East Coast from Auckland using big baits... Topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and guided fishing tours are available throughout the region anglers all... - Surf Rod, New Zealand, ” Turangi is near where the National... All methods of fishing trout relatively common still offering woofing for travelers who want to work for.... Than rods with thick-walled blanks will withstand this punishment far better than with... And heads you ’ ll come home with a catch by fish Game. ' 59.6112 '' s, 174° rock fishing waikato ' 26.4096 '' E. Date Time... Our website addressed to speakers of English in the north to the Waikato region islands: reviews... Up the East Coast from Auckland fishing in our coastal waters are based where... Our head lamps all set as the sun was setting fast Time early... Early days, the renowned American fisherman Zane grey Coromandel, Waikato, Zealand. Tidal estuaries and mudflats are used to personalise content and ads, save your recent fishing sites and remember display...

rock fishing waikato

Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Conditioner, Recipes With Hummus Vegetarian, Language And Power Articles, Loaded Sweet Potato Fries Marshmallow, Is Vatika Shampoo Good For Hair, Social Work Professor Jobs Salary, Stuck On You Piano Notes, How Many Jelly Beans In A Pound, Greater Egyptian Jerboa, Snap Toggle Review, Tulingan In English,