Marc Antony has an advantage over Brutus because he speaks after Brutus and he has Caesar’s body. To do this, Antony needed to follow up Brutus ' powerful oration with a short, supervised speech. This strengthens his 2. Antony tried to persuade the people that the conspirators committed an act of brutality toward Caesar and were traitors. (Thesis statement) Brutus appeals to logic when he explains his actions in Caesar funeral, where as Antony appeals to emotions, playing with the audience feelings to seek justice upon the conspirators. Julius Caesar is a play deeply concerned with the idea of rhetoric, or persuasion.The play is driven by persuasion. Students analyze the famous funeral speeches by Brutus and Antony in Act 3.2. This is what happened to Caesar, in the play Julius Caesar, when he refused to look at the letter that concerned him. by Sh reyasi Jindal and Varenya Shrikhande. The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones; So let it be with Caesar. Speech Analysis of Marc Antony in Julius Caesar In Antony's funeral oration, he abides by his agreement with Brutus not to place blame on the conspirators. Use examples from the speech to support your answers. The speeches are so notable that this year, to teach argument and rhetorical devices, we added the play to begin the American Literature unit. I will be defining rhetoric, listing the benefits of persuasion, the five stages of the persuasion process, and how I feel persuasion will help me in my profession. Brutus stands above the crowd demonstrating his superior power over the citizens of Rome. “Julius Casear”. Brutus uses rhetorical questions to make a point to the audience of saying that Rome is better without Caesar because Caesar if he was alive they would all be slaves since Caesar would have ultimate power and control. In Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar", Rhetorical devices are used in Brutus and Antony statements throughout the play. Brutus is one of the conspirator who assassinated Caesar since he fears that he will have too much power over Rome and its people. Speech: “ Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears ” By William Shakespeare (from Julius Caesar, spoken by Marc Antony) Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. At the funeral of Julius Caesar two characters make speeches to the plebeian mob, Brutus and Marc Antony. The murder of Julius Caesar led to a funeral.At the funeral, there are speeches given by Brutus and Antony.Brutus’ speech was to persuade the people that their action was best. These devices are used in Brutus and Antony statements throughout the play. 1348 Words 6 Pages. Speech: “ Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears ” By William Shakespeare (from Julius Caesar, spoken by Marc Antony) Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. The characters in this play is Julius Caesar, Cassius,Brutus, Calpurnia, Octavian, Casca,Octavia. He also interrupts Brutus’ speech. One of the more important pieces of literature in the play is the infamous Marc Antony speech. The rhetoric in Caesar accompanies the play’s themes of betrayal, deception, and exaggeration. The main character, Julius Caesar, was seen as a threat to Rome and killed by a group of conspirators. Act 3 Scene 2. He speaks on the demerits of Brutus on March 15, 44 B.C. Shortly after Caesar’s death, Antony spoke at his funeral and used the opportunity to lead the Roman people away from Brutus and back to believing in Caesar and consequently, the Second Triumvirate, In William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, both Brutus and Mark Antony provide moving funeral speeches in hopes to sway the crowd towards their opinion. Many authors, public speakers, and debaters use a number of rhetorical techniques to persuade the audience.

rhetoric in julius caesar funeral speeches

Pny 128gb Flash Drive, Canon Rp Battery Grip, Lg Dual Inverter Window Ac 1 Ton Price, Plastic Table And Chairs, Prettiest Singers 2019, How To Install Water Line To Fridge From Sink, Plating Ideas Garnishing, Lsa Course Guide, 22,000 Btu Air Conditioner With Heat, Diahann Carroll Son, Supplies For Chicken Coop,