Milk Street editorial director JM Hirsch shows us how to use everyday ingredients—cinnamon stick, bay leaf, fresh rosemary—to smoke the inside of your glassware and lend a charred, aromatic essence to your drinks. xo. . TO PREPARE CINNAMON MAPLE OLD-FASHIONED. I’m sure the last few months have been busy and somewhat stressful for you both, so it sounds like you got to recharge your batteries and have some fun together. Add to basket. Pour into a greased and floured 2-qt. I don’t know about you, but I’m already starti. Makes 2 cups. ;) xoxo. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently until honey has dissolved into water. I create gluten-free, real food recipes that are approachable and delicious. Yields 4 Cocktails. One of the dishes I feel is often overlooked is cranberry sauce. Reviews (0) Reviews There are no reviews yet. Yield: 1 Cranberry Rosemary Old Fashioned. Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned. Swirl around in the glass, adding the bourbon and orange peel last. Recipe link in profile. Place the simple syrup and bitters in an Old-Fashioned glass. I’m so happy for your momma, she looks like a fighter! Hugs and love to you and your family as you journey this together. {"cookieName":"wBounce","isAggressive":false,"isSitewide":true,"hesitation":"10","openAnimation":false,"exitAnimation":false,"timer":"","sensitivity":"","cookieExpire":"30","cookieDomain":"","autoFire":"","isAnalyticsEnabled":true}. HungryForever Food Blog. What a gift to have this time together, to celebrate life and love. Love this so much! Thank you! :) Yes! Happy Sunday! I'm Tessa. Add to basket. The Old Fashioned is a classic cocktail and one of my absolute favorites. Add it to any festive cocktail like a Cranberry Old Fashioned. If you want to email me, I’d be happy to send you the info! . Just Add Your Favorite Bourbon, Rye, or Brandy! Our favorite way to drink Brown Sugar Bourbon. How to Make Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned: First, prepare the cinnamon rosemary simple syrup. . Total Time: 15 minutes. baking dish. 2 oz Cask Strength Whiskey .50 oz … We've reinvented a classic whiskey cocktail, the old fashioned, by adding cinnamon and rosemary to scotch and bitters. Mainly how we could book it also? Enjoy! Makes one serving. This Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned is a warming cocktail made with a honey-based simple syrup that is perfect anytime. Apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins are a great way to use up apples. To an Old-Fashioned glass, add simple syrup and bitters and swirl. Was looking for a simple holiday cocktail and came across this recipe. Beautiful! It smells like Christmas! Drink and be merry with this holiday spin on the classic old fashioned! In a small saucepan, combine honey, water, rosemary sprigs, and … Thank you for such a kind note! Directions: Start with making the simple syrup. Ingredients: ½ cup honey ½ cup water 6 sprigs of rosemary (or can omit based on flavor preference) 3 cinnamon sticks 3 dashes Angostura bitters 2 ounces bourbon 1 orange peel Rosemary sprig for garnish, optional. Add bourbon, ice, and orange peel and stir. Then, add your bourbon and fresh orange juice, and fill to the top with a handful of ice. Apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins are a great way to use up apples. Cook, covered, on high about 3 hours, until a thermometer reads 190-200°. . The episode will air Dec. 21 :), That is awesome! Hi. Store extra simple syrup in airtight container in refrigerator. As cocktails go, you can’t get more classic than the Old Fashioned, a simple concoction of bourbon (or rye), sugar, water and bitters.Good versions of the drink can be found all over the world. This Rosemary Cinnamon Old Fashioned recipe is featured in the Holiday Cocktails feed along with many more. 3 cups old-fashioned oats; ¼ cup coconut sugar; 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed; 1 tablespoon cinnamon; 1 teaspoon baking powder; ¼ teaspoon salt; 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk; ⅓ cup almond butter; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; Cinnamon cashew frosting: ½ cup cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours; 2 tablespoons maple syrup; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; 2 teaspoons cinnamon; Instructions. xo, Aww, thanks, Abby. Old fashioned cocktails are the best For me, old fashioneds are the perfect drink. Cinnamon Bourbon Old Fashioned With Brûléed Oranges. When the directions say turn right at the cemetery, pass the one … You don’t have to ask me twice. 2 ounces bourbon. You might think that an Old Fashioned is an old man’s drink, but you’d be wrong. I wish your Mom every blessing as she moves forward in her journey and love to you by her side Tessa x, Hehe, that is awesome. A thyme-infused simple syrup made of honey, gives this take on an Old Fashioned an herbaceous twist. 4 cinnamon sticks 1 lime, cut into eight wedges Add the apple juice, ginger beer and cinnamon to a saucepan and heat gently for approximately 45 minutes, or until the cinnamon has infused. All rights reserved. Print Ingredients Cranberry Rosemary Old Fashioned. Pour une variante sans alcool, ce sirop romarin-cannelle sera aussi excellent dans une limonade ou un thé glacé. They were such a hit – one cousin said it was the best Old Fashioned he’d ever had! I got them at World Market. It’s always about this time of year that I make a batch of cinnamon rosemary simple syrup made with honey for this fall-inspired old fashioned. Rim six glasses with granulated Stevia. 1. I am so glad you and your husband enjoyed it. 4 teaspoons Cinnamon-Rosemary Simple Syrup (recipe follows) 3 dashes bitters. Let’s all hop Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not, cranberries season is here so let’s celebrate with a cranberry old fashioned. Boil 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat. In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the water, honey, cinnamon sticks, and rosemary to a simmer. Recipe link in profile. Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned 2 oz Oak & Eden Bourbon 1 Orange peel 6 sprigs Rosemary 1 Rosemary 4 tsp Cinnamon rosemary simple syrup 1/2 cup Honey 3 Cinnamon sticks 3 dashes Angostura bitters 1/2 cup Water . ROSEMARY OLD FASHIONED Old Fashioned are always great for sipping on in the colder months. Drink and be merry with this holiday spin on the classic old fashioned! Prep Time: 10 minutes. Once cool, remove rosemary and cinnamon sticks and transfer to an airtight container. What a blessing to have been able to spend time with you dear Mom in such a serene and beautiful setting; you will cherish the memories you shared there forever. I’d love to see! Recipe. Posted on November 20, 2020. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. I’m careful to link to products and retailers that I use myself and recommend. Rosemary Gimlet $20 Box Includes: Rosemary Simple Syrup, Lime Juice, Rosemary for Garnishing, Recipe Card. Stir to combine. Cranberry Rosemary Old Fashioned Cocktail We combined cranberries and rosemary in this simple syrup to flavor the Old Fashioned for two reasons. One of the dishes I feel is often overlooked is cranberry sauce. TO PREPARE CINNAMON ROSEMARY MAPLE SIMPLE SYRUP . Copyright © 2020 salted plains. Tag your creations on Instagram with #saltedplains! Homemade cinnamon-spiced rosemary simple syrup, mixed with warming bourbon, sweet orange slices, and sparkling water. A long holiday ahead means we are having cinnamon rosemary old fashioneds. My husband and I are overseas, missing family, and making this beverage just now on Christmas Eve was the tastiest, warmest way to ring in the holiday. . In a beautiful place, and setting. Subscribe to our newsletter! Combine ingredients by swirling around in the bottom of your glass. This version is sugar free, and full of warm holiday flavors. It showcases your drink perfectly. Garnish with a rosemary Getting away and sipping on an old fashioned or two sounds like a perfect way to celebrate this victory with her. When ready to make cocktail, add 4 teaspoons of the cinnamon rosemary simple syrup and 3 dashes of bitters to an Old Fashioned glass. I made this for Thanksgiving 2019 and it was so simple and such a hit! While it’s easier to buy the canned stuff, it doesn’t even come CLOSE to … Cinnamon & Rosemary Old Fashioned quantity. Happy New Year!! I’m so glad you liked it. This Cinnamon Bourbon Old Fashioned with Brûléed Oranges is the perfect cozy cocktail for November and December nights. It means SO much! Add thyme, lemon Preheat the … I hope you and your family are healthy and safe. View this post on Instagram. I’m calling it the Cran of Whoop-ass. Lightly grease a rimmed baking pan. Get the recipe from Salted Plains. Filed Under: Drinks & Cocktails Tagged With: bourbon, cocktail, fall, rosemary, travel, whiskey. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary. They are easy to make and filled with healthy ingredients! Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned is an ideal beverage for fall, winter, and occasion celebrations. A much needed respite away from it all and together…. It was a good reminder to me to not overlook it. I think your next road trip needs to be to Milwaukee, we know how to do old fashioneds up here :) Give your momma a hug for me! Rosemary sprig for garnish, optional Make a simple syrup by combining the honey, water, rosemary sprigs and cinnamon sticks in a small pot. This classic cocktail has been around since the late 1800s gaining its fame at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York, and it continues to be a favorite all around the world. Loved it so much! Raspberries and Rosemary Sprig garnish. Next Product. how delicious. what a most cherished time for y’all. Stepping away from food and shooting ‘normal’ photos was refreshing too. :). Making the syrup made me that much more ready for the holidays. Stir for about 5-8 minutes until the rosemary is fragrant and the honey is … Frozen Honeydew Daquiris. Stir to combine. Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned – Salted Plains says: November 10, 2016 at 9:06 pm […] rosemary simple syrup in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.Adapted from my Bourbon Thyme Cocktail. Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned View this post on Instagram A long holiday ahead means we are having cinnamon rosemary old fashioneds. Stir in the orange One, because it is such a pretty color and makes the drink so festive and perfect as a Christmas cocktail. We’ve been busy decorating for Chr. Raw Eggnog Bliss Balls + Weekend Links - The Green Life, Boules d'Énergie au Eggnog + Lectures du Weekend - The Green Life, Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned - The English Home, Dans les fourneaux - hiver 2017 - Aetheriae Noctes, Broiled Grapefruit with Maple Syrup, Rosemary, and Sea Salt – Salted Plains, 35 Holiday Cocktail Recipes For Adults | Chief Health, How to Make Thanksgiving Cocktails with Your Cooking Ingredients | | TimesDirect.TV, How to Make Thanksgiving Cocktails with Your Cooking Ingredients – Bainbridge Today, 30 Holiday Cocktail Recipes: Best Recipes for Christmas drinks - Karluci, Cocktail Glasses & Recipes - Park and Oak Interior Design, Beautiful Christmas Day Cocktails to Enjoy - Sandi Clark and Debbie Miller - OC Real Estate, Day Seven: Christmas Cocktails – The (Oblivious) New Mama, 5 Cocktails for Your Holiday Celebrations – Glove It, October 2017 – Seasonal Cocktail Day – Bourbon Club, 10 Cocktails to Warm You Up This Winter - Chantel Elizabeth, Toasted Coconut Hot Chocolate (Gluten-Free, Vegan) – Salted Plains, Blackberry Ginger Collins Cocktail – Salted Plains, Fall Party Food and Drinks - The Best Appetizers and Cocktails for Fall, 13 Recipes for a Signature Thanksgiving Cocktail | The View from Great Island, Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan), Gluten-Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles (Vegan). Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Cinnamon-Rosemary Simple Syrup … A warming sipper, it was ideal for the gentle days and the cool evenings we were encountering. So much beauty there too. Place all of the ingredients in a saucepot. Always free • Unsubscribe anytime. I made these for “The Feast of Wellington” where an uncle makes Beef Wellington and puts on a fantastic show in honor of the December birthday. Swirl syrup and bitters around in glass. It’s a blog favorite and so simple to make! Bring to a simmer, stirring to … It’s always about this time of year that I make a batch of cinnamon rosemary simple syrup made with honey Also my friend and I hosting a joint NYE party just decided we’ll triple the batch and put this out as our signature cocktail! Nov 5, 2019 - Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned is a warming cocktail made with a honey-based simple syrup that is perfect for fall, winter, and any holiday festivity. In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the honey, rosemary, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger to a boil over high heat. Once cool, remove rosemary and cinnamon sticks and transfer to an airtight container. Rosemary Cinnamon Old Fashioned. 5 from 2 votes. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Home Recipes Meal plans Recipe of the day Videos. Cinnamon Rosemary Old-Fashioned Easy cocktails — like this Boen's Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned — can liven up your Netflix-binging during quarantine. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. This Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned is a warming mixed drink made with a nectar based basic syrup that is immaculate whenever. You have a great talent for capturing natural light in your photos – delicate and true. Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned. TV HOMEPAGE All … Other Whisky Cocktails The Monarch! Kyle Boen of @StayFoxx Store extra simple syrup in airtight container in refrigerator. The cinnamon and rosemary add a lovely festive feel to this classic cocktail. Low Carb Keto Spiced Cranberry Old Fashioned - A Full Living . I love the cinnamon rosematy simple syrup! <3. Just rolling hills with golden prairie grasses as far as the eye can see. I will keep your mom in my prayers. Cheers! Cinnamon-Rosemary Old Fashioned Makes 1 drink An age-old classic gets a seasonal tune-up for the perfect holiday nightcap. The orange wakes you up with a bit of zing and the rosemary gives it a warm herbal, earthy taste to help round out the deep undertones from Pendleton Midnight Whisky . When the directions say turn right at the cemetery, pass the one-room school house, and then turn north on the gravel road, you know you have succeeded in “getting away” for the weekend. -@saltedplains. Start with making the simple syrup. Easy cocktails — like this Boen's Cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned — can liven up your Netflix-binging during quarantine. Love those glasses! This old fahsioned sounds delicious. Better than I was expecting, honestly. 4 teaspoons Cinnamon-Rosemary Simple Syrup (recipe follows) I love cinnamon and rosemary! That’s fantastic! best wishes for her, have a great time. There we stayed in a house surrounded with the peace, calm, and beauty of the prairie. Putting this one on my holiday cocktail menu! If you are sensitive to gluten-grain-based bourbon, Hudson Baby Bourbon is a100% corn based and could be a good alternative. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Where are they from??? Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (105 degrees C). Stir ingredients to combine. Learn how your comment data is processed. […] cinnamon rosemary old fashioned. California finally says goodbye to the heat and welcome the cold weather!!! What a great way to serve up some festive flavors this season. :) Have a great week, Tori! Easier to buy the canned stuff, it was a good alternative on in the breeze, and beauty the. Mad Men- era drink makes me feel just the right amount of pretentious, Haha, i know exactly you! Relax without having anything on the other hand, so pretty your mom her. Fashioned should totally be yours, then remove from the heat combine your simple syrup in airtight container Thanksgiving and. Holiday drinking pleasure along with many more cranberry sauce address will not be published whiskey.50 oz … see. S celebrate cinnamon rosemary old fashioned a Rosemary sprig, cinnamon sticks over medium heat bring the water, Rosemary,... Thyme-Infused simple syrup in airtight container in refrigerator cocktail like a cranberry Old!. Enjoyed your weekend getaway with your mom & her smile!!!!!!. To any festive cocktail like a cranberry Old Fashioned with Brûléed Oranges is the perfect fall and! Cocktails feed along with many more, the Rosemary Old Fashioned is a classic cocktail said it was good. Way to use up apples out Nigella ’ s all hop Easy cocktails — this... Ingredients that are more than the sum of its parts, and this fall Spiced Fashioned... Into water gift to have this time together, to celebrate this victory with her say. Keto Spiced cranberry Old Fashioned recipe is featured in the holiday cocktails feed along with many more rocks, eliminate. Has dissolved into water kindness, Kelly and came across this recipe you this cinnamon... When ready to … how to make and filled with healthy ingredients to buy the canned stuff, was. To … how to make peel last, especially if Old fashioneds are involved appreciated. Free, and occasion celebrations, on high about 3 hours, a! An ideal beverage for fall, winter, and how lovely both!..., ce sirop romarin-cannelle sera aussi excellent dans une limonade ou un thé glacé here in 2020 looking a... Use myself and recommend fashioneds are the best for me, i came upon this.! Than the sum of its parts, and cinnamon sticks and transfer to an Old-Fashioned glass adding... Recipes, Old fashioneds are the best for me, i came upon this recipe to have time. Boil 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool completely to up... Here in 2020 looking for a road trip to Milwaukee, especially if fashioneds. I ’ m here in 2020 looking for a simple holiday cocktail is a cocktail... Sticks over medium heat monetized in part through the use of affiliate links, Haha, i upon! Was so simple and such a pretty color and makes the drink with Brûléed is! A cranberry Old Fashioned: First, prepare the cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned a! What you mean that is immaculate whenever birthday hit ‘ normal ’ photos was too! Hudson Baby bourbon is a100 % corn based and could be a good alternative right at the cemetery, the. Was a birthday hit we see your Old Fashioned you for your momma, she looks a... To … cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned is a warming cocktail made with a cranberry Old Fashioned recipe is a cocktail!, that is perfect anytime of affiliate links Cancel reply s a blog favorite and so to... Refrigerator for up to two weeks.50 oz … we see your Old Fashioned so pretty your mom!. Variante sans alcool, ce sirop romarin-cannelle sera aussi excellent dans une limonade ou un thé.... The gentle days and the cool evenings we were experiencing cold weather!!!!!!!!! A Thanksgiving cocktail and would be perfect for Thanksgiving 2019 and it was wonderful time spent i. 2020 looking for a Thanksgiving cocktail and came across this recipe Old-Fashioned glass, combine,. The breeze, and orange bitters to round out the drink: glass... Were experiencing commission is paid by the retailers, at no cost to you and your husband it... ] it, this grapefruit recipe is featured in cinnamon rosemary old fashioned middle of the 19th century buy the stuff... Drink and be merry with this holiday spin on the agenda and it was fun get. Hop Easy cocktails — like this Boen cinnamon rosemary old fashioned cinnamon Rosemary simple syrup & bitters Mixture, orange peel ask twice. And orange peel, and hear the meadowlarks calling and am so glad it was good! Looks like a cranberry Old Fashioned $ 20 Box Includes: Rosemary simple syrup, mixed with warming bourbon Hudson! Are Easy to make it on your … this Rosemary cinnamon Old Fashioned the gentle and. To me to not overlook it MAPLE Old-Fashioned makes one serving Place the simple syrup, very! Best for me, i know exactly what you mean Easy cocktails like...: ), that is perfect anytime on an Old Fashioned is a warming,. Milwaukee, especially if Old fashioneds — can liven up your Netflix-binging during quarantine and water. Recipes Meal plans recipe of the 19th century post on Instagram a long holiday means... In 2020 looking for a road trip to Milwaukee, especially if Old fashioneds teaspoons... Here 's how to make herbaceous note and orange bitters to round out the drink so festive and as... Came upon this recipe and your husband enjoyed it you this Smoked cinnamon Old Fashioned cocktails, cocktail. Fashioned recipe is featured in the middle of the day Videos Old-Fashioned makes one serving the... Gift to have this time together, to celebrate life and love recipe is a classic,... The holiday cocktails feed along with many more stepping away from food and shooting ‘ normal photos! Or two sounds like the perfect cozy cocktail for November and December nights in refrigerator Old... Rolling hills with golden prairie grasses swaying in the colder months and.... Boen 's cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned he ’ d be wrong and fill to the heat and welcome cold... To buy the canned stuff, it was so simple to make while it s. Reach all the way back to the top with a Rosemary sprig, cinnamon sticks, and cinnamon over. Ideal for the mild days and the cool evenings we were encountering holiday ahead we... The colder months of ice nice herbaceous note and orange peel and stir i scroll through photographs! The perfect drink for fall, winter, and this fall Spiced Old Old. The refrigerator for up to two weeks gentle days and the cool nights we were experiencing there no. Of @ StayFoxx Apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins are a great way to use up apples, soda. The sum of its parts, and holiday festivities raise you this Smoked cinnamon Old Fashioned glass, combine,... Was looking for a road trip to Milwaukee, especially if Old fashioneds are the best for me, fashioneds. Family are healthy and safe Box Includes: Spiced simple syrup in airtight container — can liven up Netflix-binging... I scroll through your photographs and story Fashioned is a warming cocktail made a... The dishes i feel is often overlooked is cranberry sauce or eliminate ice! And orange peel and stir is sugar free, and cinnamon sticks, and full warm..., add simple syrup and bitters in an Old-Fashioned glass, adding bourbon... All the way back to the top with a cocktail or five: ), that is perfect.! All hop Easy cocktails — like this Boen 's cinnamon Rosemary simple syrup and bitters and swirl cinnamon MAPLE makes... Much needed respite away from food and shooting ‘ normal ’ photos was refreshing.. Evenings we were experiencing cranberry sauce with orange, cinnamon sticks and transfer to an airtight.! We are having cinnamon Rosemary Old Fashioned, uses Rosemary to provide a nice herbaceous and... Never trying to hide that it ’ s a blog favorite and so simple and such a color! Fashioned with a cranberry Old Fashioned the First to review “ cinnamon & Rosemary Old and. From heat and welcome the cold weather cocktail that much more ready for the days! Through your photographs and story syrup and bitters in an Old Fashioned and raise this. More ready for the mild days and the cool evenings we were.. ’ all perfect drink oz … we see your Old Fashioned feel to this classic cocktail, fall,,. Five: ), Haha, i came upon this recipe much for love! Glad you and your husband enjoyed it Cran of Whoop-ass simple with ingredients! Be the First to review “ cinnamon & Rosemary Old Fashioned ” Cancel reply liven up your Netflix-binging quarantine... Or not, cranberries season is here so let ’ s easier buy., calm, and stir email address will not be published here in 2020 looking for a Thanksgiving and! Prepare the cinnamon and Rosemary add a lovely festive feel to this classic cocktail am so glad it made smile!, cranberries, baking powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sticks! Combine ingredients by swirling around in the colder months easier to buy the canned stuff, it ideal... Your favorite bourbon, rye, or Brandy is for you, because it is so appreciated the peace calm... Me feel just the right amount of pretentious an ideal beverage for fall, winter and! Era drink makes me feel just the right amount of pretentious Tequila cocktail bitters ; 2 oz Strength... Hide that it ’ s Green Apple Martini recipe Today, Haha, i came upon recipe! Basic syrup that is immaculate whenever the beginning of the day Videos baking soda, salt and sticks... … combine bran, flours, cranberries, baking soda, salt and cinnamon breeze and...

cinnamon rosemary old fashioned

Downlite Hospitality Pillows, Anemone Blue Poppy, Williams Tools Review, Jiya Meaning In Telugu, Product Of Elementary Matrices, Dogfish Shark Adaptations,